Available in the Dallas and Fort Worth metroplex, endometrial ablation eliminates bleeding associated with monthly periods permanently.
Endometrial ablation is an outpatient procedure that alter the uterine lining or endometrium by ablating the tissue responsible for producing bleeding during a normal menstration cycle. Though the procedure is not new to womens medicine, improvements in techniques have dramatically reduced the the time of the procedure and patient recovery. Some procedures can take as little as 90 seconds.
Endometrial ablation is an alternative to a hysterectomy. In 75% of the performed procedures, bleeding associated with a woman’s period is completely eliminated. In the remaining 25% of the cases, bleeding is reduced to light spotting on a monthly basis.
Candidates for endometrial ablation normally are women that:
- Child bearing is complete.
- Excessive or abnormal bleeding has not responded to other treatments.
- Have other complications preventing a hysterectomy
- Prefer not to consider hysterectomy procedure to control bleeding.